Happy Tuesday, Salt Lake City! These are the most important things happening in Salt Lake City today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly cloudy all day. High: 66 Low: 47.
Here are today’s best stories in Salt Lake City:
- The American Red Cross faces an urgent shortage of blood and platelets following a sharp drop in donor participation over the summer months. According to a recent press release from Utah Red Cross, the national organization is to collect 10,000 more blood products every week over the next month to recover the blood supply needed by hospitals and the patients they treat. The National Red Cross the blood count is the lowest it has been at this time since 2015. (KUTV 2News)
- As many Utahns look up and hope the rain will end the water crisis, local utilities are turning their attention down. Leaks and ruptures can throw clean drinking water into the ground without a person being able to see it, wasting some of the water. that of Utah precious water supply. While water conservation is a goal, there are other benefits that come with better identification of leaks. Fracta, a company of Silicon Valley, works with utilities around the world to use the data to help utilities make better decisions about replacing or repairing leaking pipes. (Salt Lake City Tribune)
- A doctor at University of Utah offers classes to help keep people out of the emergency room by teaching them how to survive in the mountains while exploring all of nature Utah has to offer. (fox13now.com)
- Utah restaurants are still plagued by staff shortages, which has forced many to offer higher pay rates and sign-up and retention bonuses so as not to increase menu prices. (gastronomicslc.com)
- A 36-year-old woman was injured Sunday after slipping and falling about 15 feet while descending a rope ladder at Farmington Creek cascade. The Davis County Sheriff’s Office said on Monday that she was released from the hospital and is recovering. (Examiner-Standard)
Today’s Salt Lake City Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping to advance local news in Salt Lake City!
Today in Salt Lake City:
- CW Small Business Series – ChamberWest Chamber of Commerce (8:30 a.m.)
You can feature your local business here for just $ 79 per month. Click here to find out more.
You are now in the know and ready to start this Tuesday. See you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in some friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur who graduated in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.