- Sage revealed as naming partner for development of NewcastleGateshead Quays with £10m investment
- The partnership will play a crucial role in creating a pioneering community-driven, state-of-the-art arena (Sage Arena), exhibition and conference center (Sage ICC), showcasing the best of region to a global audience
- £300m+ development will provide £70m annual boost to local economy and create 2,000 jobs
- Local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and Sage customers to contribute to the development and operation of the site and benefit from workspaces, priority access and promotional opportunities
Sage, the accounting, finance, HR and payroll technology company, has just been announced as our new naming partner for the transformational development of NewcastleGateshead Quays Arena and Conference Centre.
The Sage will be operated by ASM Global, the world leader in site management and services.
Opening in 2024, The Sage will be a state-of-the-art, community-driven 54,500m² business and entertainment destination that will bring the world to the North East.
Sage says the site will support businesses in the region by opening up access to new customers and international markets through business and promotional opportunities.
It will be the largest business and entertainment district in the North East and will welcome over one million visitors a year. The development will provide an estimated £70m annual boost to the local economy, creating 2,000 jobs, the majority of which will be sustained over the long term.
The Sage will be located between the BALTIC Center for Contemporary Art and the famous international music centre, Sage Gateshead.
Le Sage will be an international, community-driven venue through:
- The Supply Chain – Prioritize local suppliers and contractors, where possible, so that The Sage is built by the North East for the North East.
- Recruitment and Skills Development – by partnering with local educational institutions, the development will encourage and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs by providing opportunities for work experience leading to sustainable employment.
- Access for All – The Sage will support local businesses with workspace options and opportunities to showcase their products and services to a global audience. Sage’s “green access” pass will ensure local community members can attend events, which they usually don’t.
Steve Hare, CEO of Sage Group, said:
“Sage’s heart has always been in the North East, and today’s announcement embodies our goal: to break down barriers so everyone can thrive. The Sage brings the world to the gateway to the Northeast, providing a platform to celebrate the region’s brilliance.
“We are committed to ensuring that The Sage is an inclusive place by providing access to everyone, regardless of background. We believe this will unlock the enormous potential of the North East, attracting more investment and innovation.”
Councilor Martin Gannon, leader of Gateshead Council:
“The Sage is a great example of our aspirations for Gateshead and the wider region. The project is creating jobs, as well as training, education and supply chain opportunities, and will attract millions more visitors to North East Le Sage will showcase regional assets to a global audience and maximize opportunities for foreign investment and repeat tourism.
“The Council is proud to lead this development and delighted that Sage, a local global company, is joining the project as a naming partner.”
Sage operator ASM Global has a large UK portfolio which includes the Utilita Arena in Newcastle.
Tom Lynch, Senior Vice President, Europe for ASM Global:
“This ambitious and transformational development will create a truly unique events campus with an iconic waterfront location, so it is fantastic to team up with an equally iconic North East brand in the form of Sage.
“ASM Global has enjoyed over 25 years of success in the North East and we look forward to partnering with Sage to take live entertainment, conventions and exhibitions to new heights, and cement the region’s reputation in as a sought-after business, leisure and cultural destination.”
Abigail Pogson, Managing Director, Sage Gateshead:
“After the completion of the new development, Gateshead Quayside will be a unique destination in Europe, with cultural, entertainment, business, retail and hospitality activities in this iconic location overlooking the Tyne. association, we know that Sage is a fantastic partner and we welcome their further investment in the development and the region.”
Sarah Munro, Director, BALTIC Center for Contemporary Art:
“The Baltic Center for Contemporary Art opened in 2002 and has been serving communities from its building on the quay and across the region for 20 years, building a national and international reputation. It is fantastic to now see the completion of the Gateshead Quayside with the Sage investment is a welcome endorsement of the new development and our area.”
Throughout the construction phase and beyond, Sage will work closely with the NewcastleGateshead Initiative (NGI) to engage and collaborate with strategic partners and stakeholders to ensure this investment builds on the strengths and the region’s global reputation as a place to visit, invest and host major global players. class events.
Hoarding artwork will be displayed on the South Shore Road frontage of the development site, and we are working with Sage on an extensive PR and marketing program to promote their new investment.
We are working with Sage to promote their investment through PR and marketing activities, including through a newly rebranded website and Twitter account.
The web address is now www.thesage.co.uk and on Twitter: @TheSage-NG