WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) – The Wichita City Council has approved $100,000 for the continuation of the water conservation rebate program. The program encourages residents to purchase water-efficient appliances by providing rebates in the form of credits to their water accounts. This is the 10th consecutive year of the program.
Discounts are available to customers who have active utility accounts with Public Works and Utilities for potable water delivery. The application, list of eligible items, program requirements and submission instructions are available at savewichitawater.com. Online and paper applications will be accepted until December 31, 2022 or while funds are exhausted. Devices purchased after January 1, 2022 will be eligible for a discount.
Seven appliances and appliances are eligible for rebates. General guidelines and eligible items are listed below. The City strongly recommends bringing a printed copy of the qualification devices for reference when purchases. There is a limit of five refunded items per water account. Discounts will not exceed the purchase price.
Discounts are available until:
- $100 on low-flow toilets: WaterSense© qualified using 1.28 gallons per flush or less;
- $100 on high-efficiency dishwashers: Energy Star or Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE);
- $100 on high-efficiency washers: water factor of 4.5 gallons or less (CEE rated);
- $100 on Smart Irrigation Controllers: Labeled as Approved by WaterSense ©;
- $100 on rain sensors: set to stop irrigation after receiving ¼ inch of rain;
- $75 on rain barrels: 45 gallons or more; and
- $50 on Dual Flush Toilet Conversion Kits: Change inefficient toilets using 1.6 gallons per flush or less.
Customers can contact Water Conservation staff at (316) 268-4470 or visit savewichitawater.com for more information.
Copyright 2022 KWCH. All rights reserved.