The GMA invites nominations to recognize the contributions of volunteers and professionals working in the groundskeeping industry.
The winners will be announced at the association’s annual awards dinner at the Birmingham Vox Conference Center on November 2.
Marking a return from the onset of the pandemic, this year’s awards ceremony will be the perfect opportunity to reconnect with industry colleagues and recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams in the maintenance of green spaces.
Nomination categories have been expanded this year to include:
- Person of the Year Origin Amenity Solutions Young Grounds
- Newcomer of the year
- Kubota UK & Redexim Volunteer Sports Grounds Team/Individual of the Year
- Community Sports Fields Team/Individual of the Year
- Bowls / Croquet Field Team/Individual of the Year
- Best managed artificial surface of the year
- Better environmental impact and sustainability
- Professional Cricket Ground Team of the Year
- Infinicut Professional Tennis Courts Team of the Year
- Professional Horseracing Grounds Team of the Year
- Professional Rugby League Grounds’ Team of the Year
- Professional Rugby Union Team of the Year
- AMS Robotics Professional Football Fields Team of the Year (A)
- SGL (B) Professional Football Grounds Team of the Year
- University/College Field Team of the Year
- Independent School Grounds Team of the Year
- International Impact Award
Applications must be submitted via an online form by Friday, July 29, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Grounds Management Association CEO Geoff Webb says:
“The association’s Industry Awards have long been a prestigious stage for recognizing the achievements of those working in the groundskeeping industry at all levels. This year’s ceremony feels particularly special after an incredibly difficult few years. The event gives us the opportunity to come together, reflect on what has been achieved and celebrate those who work tirelessly to make sport possible.
To discuss sponsorship and other brand partnership opportunities, email Grounds Management Association Commercial and Events Director, Sarah Cunningham at [email protected]