To view our voter guide, visit:
To view the PDF version, follow this link:
All of our election coverage can be found at Decaturishvotes.com
DeKalb County, Georgia — The deadline to register to vote for the November 8 elections is October 11.
To register to vote, a person must be at least 17.5 years old to register and 18 years old to vote. They must be citizens of the United States, legally resident in the county, not serving time for being convicted of a felony, and not be declared mentally incompetent by a judge.
Voters can check their registration status on the state’s My Voter page.
There are several ways to register to vote. Here is a list of DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections Service options:
– If you have a Georgia driver’s license or ID, you can register online.
– You can choose to register when you renew or apply for your driver’s license with the Department of Driver Services.
– If you are registered in DeKalb County and change your address in the county, you can fill out the back of your constituency map.
– You can download a voter registration form.
– You can go to the DeKalb VRE office, public library, public assistance office, recruiting office, school, or other government office to get an enrollment form.
– College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms, or the forms needed to register in any state in the United States, from their school’s registrar’s office or vice-royalty’s office. president of academic affairs.
Applications can be sent by e-mail to [email protected]faxed to 404-298-4038 or mailed to Voter Registration and Elections, 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur, GA 30032.
Early voting in DeKalb County for the November 8 election runs from October 17 through November 4. Advance voting hours will be Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday noon to 5 p.m. pm
Absentee ballots are available for the November 8 general election. The last day to submit a mail-in ballot request is October 28. Mail-in ballots must be returned to a ballot box by 7 p.m. on Nov. 8. To request a postal ballot, click here.
Voters are now required to provide either a Georgian driver’s license or a Georgian ID card number or a copy of another ID when requesting a mail-in ballot. For more information on identification requirements, click here.
Absentee ballots can be mailed to the Board of Registrars or dropped off at the following drop boxes during early voting:
– Briarwood Recreation Center, 2235 Briarwood Way NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
– Dunwoody Library, 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338
– DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections Office, 4380 Memorial Drive Ste. 300, Decatur, GA 30032
– Gallery at South DeKalb Mall, 2801 Candler Rd, Decatur, GA 30034
– Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library, 5234 Lavista Road, Tucker, GA 30084
After early voting ends, mail-in ballots can still be delivered by hand to the Voter Registration and Elections Desk reception on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or until 7 p.m. of the ballot.
Voters can check their ballots and precinct location on the Georgia Secretary of State’s website.
Electors aged 75 and over, or those with physical disabilities, should go to the front of the line and request the assistance of a poll worker.
Persons voting in person must bring valid identification, such as a driver’s license, passport or voter ID card.
Here is the full list of council-approved early voting locations and times and a map showing their distribution.
The following locations will be open from October 17 to November 4:
– Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Road, Stone Mountain, GA, 30088
– Bessie Branham Recreation Center, 2051 Delano Dr. NE, Atlanta GA.
– Briarwood Recreation Center, 2235 Briarwood Way NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30329
– DeKalb Voter and Election Registration Office, 4380 Memorial Drive, Decatur, GA, 30032
– Dunwoody Library, 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, Georgia, 30338
– Ellenwood Library, 4331 River Rd, Ellenwood, Georgia
– Emory University, 1599 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia, 30322
– North DeKalb Senior Center, 3393 Malone Drive, Chamblee, Georgia, 30341
– Gallery at South DeKalb Mall, 2801 Candler Road, Decatur, GA, 30034
– Stonecrest, Sam’s Old Building, 2994 Turner Hill Rd, Stonecrest, GA
– Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library, 5234 LaVista Road, Tucker, GA 30084
– Wade Walker YMCA, 5605 Rockbridge Road SW, Stone Mountain, Georgia
– Wesley Chapel Library, 2861 Wesley Chapel Rd, Decatur, GA
The following locations will be open from October 29 to November 4:
– Beulah Missionary Baptist Church, 2340 Clifton Springs Rd, Decatur, GA
– Clarkston Library, 951 N. Indian Creek Dr., Clarkston, GA
The local DeKalb County races on the ballot are DeKalb Board of Commissioners Districts 2, 3, and 7, as well as the DeKalb County Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor.
The statewide races on the ballot are Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Commissioner of Agriculture, Commissioner of Insurance, Superintendent of public school and the labor commissioner.
Several state lawmakers representing DeKalb County are also up for election, including House Districts 52 and 80-95. Senate Districts 10, 40-44 and 55 will also be on the ballot.
Georgia United States House Districts 4 and 5 and a US Senate will be on the ballot.
To view the composite ballot sample, click here.
If you appreciate our work on this story, please become a paying supporter. For as little as $6 a month, you can help us keep you up to date with your community. To become a supporter, click here.